There are several servers to choose from when playing Ashen Empires:
The Legends server is a PvE (Player vs Environment) or Non-PvP Server, where players focus mainly on hunting, tradeskills, and battling monsters to gain valuable treasure. Attacking other players is forbidden on the Legends server – however, there is an Arena for players or guilds that would like to duel one another for fun.
Legends is a more relaxed, friendly environment.
The main global chat channel for the Legends server is: LEGENDS
Heroes is a PvP (Players vs Player) Server. You may do any action available on the Legends server, however, you are allowed to attack other players according to the Faction rules. Other players are free to attack, kill and steal your treasure.
Heroes is a competitive, fast-paced environment.
The main global chat channel for the Heroes server is: SANCTUARY
Ascension is is a new PvP (Players vs Player) Server introduced in September of 2022. Ascension is different from Heroes in the following ways:
- Slower XP rate (approximately 10% less xp gained than Legends), lower drop rate compared to other PvP servers.
- 3 Additional orbs given per level at levels 106-110.
- Alignment loss for killing non-wanted players, severe alignment loss for going wanted, alignment loss increased if target is below your level. No alignment lost if good/divine/crusader kills evil/criminal/scourge.
- Players will go wanted by looting and attacking other players or NPCs in range of guards.
- Party follow is disabled.
- Chance to drop your backpack is now also tied to your alignment, it is no longer 100% all the time. Wanted status is the exception, and has a 100% drop chance.
- Equipment takes twice as much max health damage on death (-10 max item health). Regular repairing via potions or spells is not required. Item restores still work as intended. See image below if you do not understand, this is immediately after respawning from one death by monsters. Please be aware that this damage is also increased if the item is no-dropped via the store item.
The main global chat channel for the Ascension server is: ASCENSION.
Are you new to Ashen Empires and think you’ve picked the wrong server? Don’t worry! Each account has four character slots per server.
If you don’t want to start over, we also offer two store items that let you move a character from one server to another: Server Move (Regular) and Server Move (Deluxe). The Deluxe move lets you switch servers with all items and possessions, the Regular move lets you switch with just your equipment and backpack.